- These regulations refer to a conference under the name of “Game Industry Conference 2017” (hereinafter referred to as the Conference).
- The main organizer of the Conference is Poznań University of Technology, Marii-Skłodowskiej-Curie 5, 60-965 Poznań, REGON statistical number: 000001608, tax identification number (NIP): 777-00-03-699 and co-organizer Vitruvio Foundation, Wierzbięcice 57/2, 61-547 Poznań, REGON statistical number 366863915, tax identification number (NIP): 783-17-56-276. All of the aforementioned entities will be jointly referred to as the Organizer.
.The Conference is held in Pavilion 15 on the premises of Poznań International Fair located at Głogowska 14, Poznań.
- The Conference is a non-profit event and is financed by sponsors and income from selling entry tickets.
- These regulations apply to each conference participant. Each conference participant must adhere to both these regulations and the Organizer’s directives.
Participation in the conference
- Each guest of the Poznan Game Arena event (hereinafter referred to as PGA), organized by Poznań International Fair (hereinafter referred to as PIF), may participate in the Conference for free. The PGA ticket prices are determined by PIF.
- Business clients planning to participate in networking facilities provided by the Organizer can buy VIP tickets. The price list for the VIP tickets is published separately and is not a part of these regulations.
- The conference program, published on the Conference’s web page (http://gic.gd, hereinafter referred to as the Web page), is only an indicative program prepared by the Organizer to the best of their knowledge. Should any unforeseen circumstances arise, the Organizer reserves the right to alter the conference program.
- No discrepancy between the actual conference program and the conference program published on the Web page may be a reason for any claims issued against the Organizer or PIF. In particular, no such discrepancy can be a reason for demanding a ticket price refund (neither for PGA nor VIP tickets).
Information for participants
- The Organizer reserves the right to record every aspect of the Conference on multiple media such as video, photos, as well as sound. The obtained recordings will be used for documentary, promotional, reporting and advertising purposes. In particular, the image of any person who enters the premises of the Conference may be recorded and subsequently used for documentary, promotional, reporting and advertising purposes.
- The Organizer informs that due to a large number of participants it may not be possible to participate in popular talks (if all places in a lecture hall are occupied). No claims can be issued against the Organizer or PIF in the case of inability to participate in a talk due to a large number of participants. In particular, any such event cannot be a reason for demanding a ticket price refund (neither for PGA nor VIP tickets).
Information for speakers
- Proposals of talk/workshop topics can be submitted via a form available on the Web page before the deadlines published on the Web page. A person who is registered as the person delivering a talk/workshop is hereinafter referred to as the Speaker. The talk/workshop is hereinafter referred to as the Presentation.
- The Speaker must prepare and perform the Presentation free of charge and take all measures necessary to guarantee the high quality of the Presentation. The Presentation must adhere to the subject matter of the Conference and cannot have any parts which can be considered as hidden advertisement of any product and/or company.
- The actual time of the Presentation is determined by the Organizer based on the preferences specified during the registration of the Presentation, as well as objective constraints stemming from the availability of lecture halls and the need to group the Presentations into subject tracks.
- The Speaker must perform their Presentation at the time specified by the Organizer.
- The Organizer will provide the Speaker with a conference ticket, which will allow the Speaker to enter the Conference and perform their Presentation. However, we do not provide tickets for “Lightning Talks” speakers.
- Evaluation and, consequently, acceptance or rejection of a talk/workshop is a duty of an international Program Committee. The Program Committee’s member list is published on the Web page.
- The Presentation topic will be considered for inclusion in the conference program by the Program Committee only if the registration form is filled completely and correctly.
- If the Program Committee rejects the Presentation, this decision is final and cannot be appealed.
- The Speaker’s photo must be submitted during the registration process via the registration form on the Web page. Lightning talks speakers do not need to submit their photos.
- By sending the photo, the Speaker gives the Organizer permission to use the photo for the purpose of advertising the Speaker’s Presentation.
- For refunds, please contact email@example.com
GDPR information duty
- Your data is managed by Vitruvio Foundation, ul. Wierzbięcice 57/2, 61-547 Poznań. Below you will find all the necessary information regarding the processing of your personal data in connection with the conference organization and its proper service.
- Data Protection Officer: Jakub Wawrzyniak, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your personal data will be stored for the period necessary to achieve the purposes for which they were collected and under the up to date legal bases. It applies even when a new legal ground has appeared, for example, a law or the need to enforce claims in court. It also means that your personal data may be stored after the sale the conference has been closed, for the period required by separate regulations, e.g. for tax or accounting purposes.
- Providing data is voluntary. However, failure to provide data prevents the attendee registation and thus the order processing.
- Your personal data may be transferred to our partners in order to be able to properly perform the tasks requiring to grant you conference attendance. This applies to companies that provide us with IT or accounting services, companies dealing with claims, intermediaries in the ordering of courier services, postal operators, courier companies or websites servicing online payments, printing companies.
- GDPR give you rights to view your data, correct the incorrect data, demand for deleting data, raise objections to the processing of data. If you raise the demand of deleting your data, we will delete those if your data are no longer necessary to fulfill a goal, for which we saved them. You have right to lodge a complaint about the processing of your data by us to the President of the Office of Personal Data Protection.
- According to the Polish law, law enforcement and information services have the right to give commands related to keeping order, as well as simplifying firefighting tasks.
- The Organizer does not take responsibility for consequences of any events they could not predict.
- The Organizer guarantees safety during the event only if each participant adheres to these regulations, the Act on Safety of Mass Events, as well as the Polish law.
- In cases not governed by these regulations, the regulations of PIF and PGA, as well as the Act on Safety of Mass Events are in force.
- The Organizer reserves the right to modify these regulations without prior notification to neither participants nor Speakers.