Game Industry Conference, being the biggest game developer conference in Central and Eastern Europe, strives to bring together game developers of many different nationalities, cultures and social backgrounds and would like to provide an inclusive and welcoming environment for all participants and guests. We would like to provide this Code of Conduct to outline what is the expected behaviour, make clear what kind of behaviour is unacceptable and what the consequences of unacceptable behaviour are, and also provide ways of reporting any violations. The game developer community keeps growing and expanding. Thus we wish for it to remain open and inclusive and hope that this code of conduct will help everyone realise a better environment for our community.
1. Expected Behaviour
The following behaviours are expected:
- Exercise consideration and respect in your speech and actions.
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behaviour and speech.
- Be mindful of your surroundings and of your fellow participants. Alert conference organizers if you notice a dangerous situation, someone in distress, or violations of this Code of Conduct, even if they seem inconsequential.
2. Unacceptable Behaviour
The following behaviours are considered unacceptable:
- Any displays of violence, or threats thereof, violent language or behaviour directed toward another person.
- Behaviour, language or remarks that could be considered as sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, antisemitic, or otherwise discriminatory.
- Insults, particularly those related to gender, nationality, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or disability.
- Inappropriate physical contact, unwelcome sexual attention or advances. This includes sexualized comments or jokes.
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking or following.
- Destruction, theft or tampering with property belonging to other people, conference organizers or PoznaĹ„ International Fair.
- Sustained disruption of conference talks and other events.
- Encouraging any of the above behaviours.
- Any behaviour deemed as illegal according to Polish law.
3. Consequences of Unacceptable Behavior
Unacceptable behaviour from any community member, including sponsors and those with decision-making authority, will not be tolerated.
Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behaviour is expected to comply immediately.
If a community member engages in unacceptable behaviour, we may take any action deemed appropriate, including removal from the conference.
4. Reporting Guidelines
If you find yourself or see anybody else subject to unacceptable behaviour do not hesitate to contact any of the conference staff or use the contact details below. We treat all reports of violations seriously and all reports will be confidential.
We will do our best to assist anyone who finds themselves in such situations, provide support contacting venue security or local law enforcement.
5. Contact details
Report code of conduct violations to: Mikolaj Kaminski via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: +48510735829.
We expect all participants of the Game Industry Conference to abide by this code of conduct and terms and regulations of the event.
7. License and attribution
This Code of Conduct is based on the Open Source Bridge Code of Conduct and is released under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license.